VISA FOR TANZANIA
There are two ways for a U.S. passport holder to obtain a visa to Tanzania: at the airport in your port of entry (for most of you this will be in Dar es Salaam) or through the Embassy in the United States (either in person or via mail). If there is sufficient time to obtain a visa through the Embassy in the US, Friends Across Borders HIGHLY recommends this method. Obtaining a visa before travel will make your transition through immigration in Tanzania a smoother and faster process.
The following are the requirements for obtaining a visa to Tanzania:
FOR TOURIST VISA:
- Your valid U.S. Passport – To Be Submitted Along With The Visa Application. You must have at least 6 months of validity left on the passport beyond your intended stay in Tanzania.
- Completed (Filled In) One Visa Application Form for Tanzania. All incomplete visa application forms will not be accepted. All applicants are strongly advised to observe and comply with all visa regulations and requirements. (request HERE a form).
- Two passport size photograph recently taken.
- Provide proof of purchase of ticket to and from Tanzania.
- Visa Cost $100.00 fee for single or multiple entry visas. An extra USD $20.00 is charged for rush service, which takes three (3) working days. Visa processing takes minimum of 5 (Five) Working Days from Date of Receiving Application.
- Visa payments:
A) Cash (if you are getting visa as you enter Tanzania you will need $100 in a bill dated 2006 or later)
B) Money Order
C) Credit Card
D) Personal Check – Should be accompanied by a valid driver’s license. Visas will not be process without a valid driver’s license.
- A Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope For Priority Mail, Express Mail, FedEx, UPS, Airborne Express, or DHL (Metered Stamps Are Not Acceptable) to facilitate return of passport.
Note: Visa applications for minors under 18 years, should be accompanied with a notarized letter, jointly signed by parents or legal guardians approving the minor to travel.
In the United States of America visas can be obtained from the following addresses:
Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania
1232 22nd St. NW
Washington D.C 20037
TEL: 202-884-1080/ 202-939-6125.
Permanent Representative of Tanzania to the United Nations
201 East 42nd Street, Suite 425,
New York, NY, 10017
TEL: 212-697 3612-4 | FAX: 212-697-3618
Visa processing hours are from 9:00am to 1:00 pm Monday thru Friday.
For further information please check this webpage: http://www.immigration.go.tz/module1.php?id=14