VISA FOR BOLIVIA
Bolivia Andean Pilgrimage
Entry requirements for Americans: U.S. citizens visiting Bolivia as tourists must obtain an entry visa. As of May 1, 2015 you can no longer apply for a Bolivian tourist visa at any Bolivian ports of entry, such as at Bolivia’s international airports and at land border crossings. U.S. citizens are required to apply by mail or in person at Bolivian consulates in the United States.
Bolivian tourist visas are valid for ten years from the date of issuance and allow the bearer to enter the country multiple times. The admittance is for a period of thirty (30) calendar days extendable by request up to 90 days.
Cost of VISA:
- $ 160.00. You can pay the fee by credit card or by money order. If the process is by mail: send a pre-paid envelope with your address and then be re-sent to the applicant.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR TOURIST VISA
In addition to the visa fee these are the requirements:
- Complete the online sworn statement for visa application*. Click HERE to see the procedures. (* Click this link: http://www.boliviawdc.org/consulate/visas and check Consular Information).
- You must have a one recent 2″ x 2″ passport type photograph (attached to the sworn statement).
- Current American passport. (Please note that it must be valid for at least 6 months).
- An invitation letter from Maryknoll Lay Missioners indicating the host address and the Itinerary. (In Spanish)
- Round trip ticket or travel itinerary.
- Bank statement or equivalent that shows economic solvency. (A copy of Credit Card – front side- will also be accepted. Please note that the validity of the document should be for at least the travel period).
- You don’t need a yellow fever vaccination certificate. When they ask you for a location write Other instead of Cochabamba.
NOTE: Incomplete applications will be returned without being processed.
For more information please contact:
CONSULATE GENERAL OF BOLIVIA – Washington, DC
1825 Connecticut Ave, NW Suite 200c
Washington, DC 20009
Consul General: Marcelo Martínez C.
Phone: (202) 232 4827/28
Fax: (202) 232 8017
Web Site: http://www.boliviawdc.org/contact-us
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Please check this link to find the list of Bolivia Consulates in the United States: Consular Information