During the Orientation session/meeting we will :
- Pray together so that we become a community in journey, to share our "calls" to participate in this journey.
- Go over some common cross-cultural norms, and provide specific understandings of the country reality and the situations we’ll be visiting.
- Receive some concrete input about the reality where the experience will take place, particulars about the economic, political, religious and cultural realities of the country we’ll be visiting.
- Go over trip logistics and itinerary.
- Answer questions.
The following will be provided by FAB to the group:
- Specific information such as: immunizations, medical insurance, visa, travel advisories, packing list, weather Information at destination, etc.
- For International travel arrangements we recomend you contact JOE TOSTO from TRAVEL NETWORK at email@example.com, or call him at 914-962-5791. Joe Tosto is a travel agent who helps with Friends Across Borders trips. Joe will plan your itinerary from the international airport nearest you to the host country. He will try to set it up in a way that most of the participants travel together or arrive at the same time. If you have frequent flyer miles, he also can help with that.
- Guides that speak English and the language of the host country; they will serve as translators.
- A workbook that contains specifics about: trip itinerary, geography, history and current issues of the country we’ll visit, history of Maryknoll in the host country, specific information about our Maryknoll Lay Missioners and their ministries in the country we will visit. Some basic language phrases to use while on the trip, prayers and songs in English and in the language of the host country.